Virgin Mary altered piece

I think I have had this Mary icon metal piece for about four years now. I got it at a thrift store and then didn’t know what to do with it. I did today! I have been experimenting with burning papers and glue with my weed torch. I know pretty crazy! Anyways I had painted the background brown and then added some papers into a pattern of somesort. I covered it in school glue and modge podge. I didn’t let it dry but went outside and put the plaque down on the cement and lightly singed it. Parts of it ended up getting too charred but I think overall the whole thing worked. I didn’t want to do too much with it but as soon as I looked at it inside I realized that Mary would go great on it. I dug around in the garage and found it. I used some antiquing inks Ranger (carmel and ginger I think) to color the pink roses and the small gem stickers for the top and bottom. I used the e6000 glue and it’s finished! It took longer than that but in a nutshell that’s how I made it. 🙂 For sale in my Etsy shop.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Virgin Mary altered piece

  1. Love this texture, yummy….rain here too I am afraid, yesterday and for the next 7 days on and off.Can’t send much sun your way. Thanks for the comments.

  2. Now you can say that you are a pyromaniac among your many other passions! That sounds like a lot of fun. I love that you are fearless with your experimentation. I am also very partial to Virgin Marys. Very cool piece.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s